Comprehensive Clinical Care Program
At the Medharma Clinix, we take care of you by being your main doctors, referring you to specialists when you need their services, all the while staying with you and holding your hand until you recover. Our internal medicine specialists lead a unique one-stop primary care service for adults and elderly people living in and around the Kathmandu valley, ensuring that you and your family are cared for with compassion and according to the highest standards of our profession.
We improve your health through comprehensive, timely and evidence-based care, which not only reduces medical risks and hospitalizations but also minimizes your medical and prescription costs. Our program aims to improve all our patients’ satisfaction and medical care experience.
At the Medharma Clinix, you and your family will be able to receive most of your medical care needs from highly-trained qualified doctors at one clinic location. We are using what we have learned about international best practices and improved patient experience to raise the outpatient basic medical care in Kathmandu to the highest level.
Your Care Team
- USA Board certified Internal Medicine Physicians
- USA Board certified Neurologist and Clinical Neurophysiologist
- USA Board certified Infectious Diseases and Travel Medicine Specialist
- USA Board certified Hematologist and Oncologist
- Endocrinologist (UK)
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Counselor/Behavioral Psychotherapist (Australia)
- Internal Medicine Physician and Registered Nurse for 24 hour health helpline services
- Pharmacist to answer all queries about medications
- Dietician and Nutrition Counselor
Highlights of the Program
- Every patient is designated a primary physician.
- Longitudinal care – you are periodically followed with required evaluations and tests according to evidence-based preventive care guidelines.
- Comprehensive medical care for both acute and chronic conditions
- 24 hour nurse-led health helpline to address your concerns with the support of the supervising registrar and consultant doctor
- Next-day physician appointment when you need it
- An electronic medical records system that helps transfer your medical records smoothly between health facilities, in the event that you are hospitalized
- Coordination with hospitals to facilitate smooth discharge and appropriate clinical follow-up
- Your designated doctor will follow up with you the day after you are discharged from the hospital.
Major Benefits of this Program
- Clinical care is centered around your best interests, priorities and preferences.
- You will be able to meet your primary doctor as many times as needed.
- You will be able to use the 24 hour health helpline services as many times as needed.
- Your primary doctor can freely consult the other practice group specialists as needed to facilitate holistic care.
- Our program will reduce unnecessary appointments and interventions, which in turn will reduce risks and costs for you.
- Your electronic health information is easily transferred between your primary doctor and other specialists or hospitals, making for a seamless transition of care should you need hospitalization or referrals.
- You and your family can be sure that your primary doctors are always well informed about your health and your care.
If you would like to benefit from this program, you are expected to enroll in an annual capitation fee module. The annual fee will cover unlimited clinic visits as well as phone consultations and discounted subspecialists consultations along with the peace of mind that comes with holistic care from our accomplished team.
Meet Our Team
Dr. Anup Subedee MD, MPH-TM
Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases and Travel Medicine Specialist (USA)
Dr. Anup Subedee is a physician with board certification in both internal medicine and infectious diseases in the USA. He also holds a Master of Public Health as well as the C-TropMed certification (for proficiency in Tropical and Travel Medicine) from the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene. Dr. Subedee enjoys teaching and is well known for his public advocacy and writing on matters related to health and infectious diseases.
Dr. Kiran Raj Pandey MD, MS
Internal and Hospital Medicine (USA)
Dr. Kiran Raj Pandey is a physician who has completed Internal Medicine training and clinical fellowship in Health Services Research, along with Advanced Training in Hospital Medicine in the United States. He also holds a Master of Public Health Sciences degree from the University of Chicago. Apart from his clinical practice, Dr. Pandey is focused on health services and systems research. He is the author of the book, “Up Is the Curve – A genealogy of healthcare in the developing world.”
Dr. Ashmita Nepal MBBS, MD
Dr. Ashmita Nepal is a highly promising young internist who completed her postgraduate training in Internal Medicine at the Nepal Medical College (NMC). Dr. Nepal joined Medharma CliniX with an interest in practicing evidence-based medicine. She is already well-admired by numerous patients and their kin for her sound judgment and her affable and compassionate care at Medharma CliniX.
Dr. Ishan Adhikari MD, MS-HCM
Neurologist and Clinical Neurophysiologist (USA)
Epilepsy, Neuromuscular & Autonomic Disorders
Dr. Ishan Adhikari is an Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor of Neurology and Neurophysiology from the United States with advanced specialization in epilepsy, and neuromuscular and autonomic disorders. Dr. Adhikari has more than 18 years of clinical and research experience, and he aims to use that knowledge and experience to advance neurological care in Nepal. Dr. Adhikari’s academic interests include epilepsy and seizure characterization using cutting-edge technologies to combat one of the world’s stigmatized diseases.
Dr. Prakash Thapaliya MD
Hematologist and Oncologist (USA)
Dr. Prakash Thapaliya is a specialist in Hematology and Oncology who holds an active Board Certification in Medical Oncology, Hematology & Internal Medicine. Dr.Thapaliya has served in several prominent clinical and administrative roles, and has had substantial experience in directing Oncology in the US. Dr. Thapaliya completed his Internal Medicine Residency from The Reading Hospital in Pennsylvania, USA followed by a Fellowship in Medical Oncology and Hematology from the prestigious Mayo Clinic.
Dr. Suman Baral MD, MRCP
Endocrinologist- Diabetes and Glandular Disorders (UK)
Dr. Suman Baral is an endocrinologist and diabetes specialist who focuses on using technologies and precision nutrition for diabetes management. Dr. Baral has extensive national and international experience in managing endocrine tumors related to pituitary, thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal glands. He has a special interest in rare
and uncommon endocrine and hormonal disorders and he runs a specialty clinic for other endocrinopathies.
Dr. Ujjwol Risal MBBS, MD, FICR
Dr. Ujjwol Risal is a rheumatologist who works with both children and adults suffering from various rheumatological disorders: rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), systemic sclerosis, Sjögren syndrome, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia along with rare autoimmune disorders including vasculitis. He is well published in the field of rheumatology.
Dr. Shobha Sapkota MBBS, FCPS
Dr. Shobha Sapkota is a consultant Pediatrician whose tenderness towards children has helped her acquire prestigious positions at significant hospitals in Kathmandu. She has had ample training in both local and international level. Dr. Sapkota earned her FCPS from the College of Physician and Surgeon of Pakistan, and completed her postgraduate program training in Pediatric nutrition (PGPN) from Boston University, USA.
Dr. Bharat Khadka MBBS, MD
Psychiatrist and Cognitive Behavioral Therapist
Dr. Bharat Khadka has years of experience in treating focuses on treating various mental illnesses such as depression and anxiety disorders, schizophrenia and addiction. He has special interest in psychiatric conditions that occur secondary to debilitating neurological disorders such as epilepsy, ALS, and other neurodegenerative disorders. Dr. Khadka is a certified expert in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) with years of experience in treating Dr. Khadka shows great empathy and always centers his patients, keeping them at ease during their psychiatric care.
Ms. Samragyi Acharya
Counsellor & Behavioral Psychotherapist (Australia)
Ms. Samragyi Acharya is an Australia-licensed counselor and behavioral psychotherapist with a breadth of national and international working experience with children and adults suffering from various mental illnesses such as depression, anxiety, OCD, sleeping disorders, bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder and other conditions. Ms. Acharya specializes in treatment focused on behavioral therapy and counseling. She gives her patients compassionate care with ample time during sessions, and she has been awarded multiple times in professional career.
The Medharma CliniX is a state-of-the-art medical center serviced by physicians who have obtained experiences in practicing evidence-based and patient-centered medicine at both national and international levels.
Get in touch with us
01-5454545 / 9810796815